< Return to Books Page
Reciprocal Teaching at WorkPowerful Strategies and Lessons for Improving Reading Comprehension
by Lori Oczkus
Buy book from the IRA Marketplace | watch classroom video clips
"Lori has managed to accomplish what few Hollywood producers can—a sequel that outshines the original."
—P. David Pearson, Dean, Graduate School of Education, University of California, Berkeley
"Reciprocal Teaching at Work delivers practical ways to utilize this research-based strategy for implementing Response to Intervention with Tier I instruction and Tier II and III interventions. Lori's engaging spin on reciprocal teaching will provide infinite possibilities for instruction and progress monitoring."
—Mary Jo Fox, K–12 Language Arts Coordinator, Olathe, KS
With dozens of lessons and a wealth of materials to get you started—and keep you going—this is the all-inclusive resource you need to lead your students to become active, engaged, and independent readers who truly comprehend what they read.
This updated edition is jam-packed with
- Expanded suggestions for grades K–5 and all new ideas for grades 6–12
- Creative tips for using reciprocal teaching in whole-class settings, guided reading groups, and literature circles
- Ideas for differentiating instruction for struggling readers and English learners
- Practical ways to use reciprocal teaching as a Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Support materials such as reproducibles, posters, and a lesson planning menu
- A free, downloadable PD guide and classroom video clips
An IRA Book Club selection, September 2010
©2010 | 312 pp.
ISBN 13: 978-0-87207-507-8